Monday, January 19, 2009

Hell Just Froze Over...


I was at yesterday's NFC Championship Game when the Arizona Cardinals defeated the Philadelphia Eagles, 32-25. As a lifelong Packers fan, I adopted the Cards as my second team because I live in The Grand Canyon State.

As I was driving away from University of Phoenix Stadium, I thought about the song that best described what the Cards had just accomplished. A couple of the choices were obvious--"We Are The Champions" by Queen and Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'". Neither seemed right.

Then it hit me. All the critics and oddsmakers said the Cards never had a chance. They were 3 point underdogs to Atlanta, 10 to Carolina, and 3 1/2 to Philly.

Only one song would do:



The Cards started out the season as a 45-1 shot to win it all. Even the initial spread has Arizona as 7 point dogs to Pittsburgh. Thank you for the disrespect and motivation.

"The worst playoff team in NFL history" is one victory away from securing the Lombardi Trophy at Super Bowl XLIII. Let's "SHOCK THE WORLD!"

*Note--That is NOT me in the picture. It's Cardinals' fanatic "Mad Jack" Corson of Chandler.