Saturday, December 13, 2008

'Twas The Night Before Christmas...well almost

Over the years, I've collected many records, both LPs and 45s. In my collection, I have a few Christmas albums. My favorite is a 1964 MGM release of Great Children's Stories (CH-517) featuring 'Twas The Night Before Christmas, The Little Fir Tree, and The Night The Animals Talked.

I am particularly fond of 'Twas The Night Before Christmas. The voice of the mouse belongs to popular character actor Bob Hastings. Hastings is best known for playing Lt. Elroy Carpenter on McHale's Navy, one of two Tommy Kelsey's on All In The Family, and General Hospital's Capt. Burt Ramsey. His younger brother, Don, has been a fixture on As The World Turns since October 1960, the month after I was born.

I hope you enjoy this album as much as I do.