Monday, October 20, 2008

Book Reports

I'm the first to admit that sitting down and reading a book is not my first love. I read enough at work and doing my homework for school to keep me occupied for quite some time.

Once-in-a-while, a book interests me enough to fork over some hard earned cash to buy it. Such is the case with three books I recently purchased.

The first is Clark Weber's Rock and Roll Radio The Fun Years: 1955-1975. I've owned it for about a month and plan to take it, along with the other two, with me on my trip back to Badgerland next month. My interest is in Weber's stories while he was at WLS and WCFL during the late 60s-early 70s.

The second book is also WLS-related, Chicago's WLS Radio (IL) (Images of America) by Scott Childers. Childers is the authority on Chicagoland radio, particularly WLS. That book and the third are scheduled to arrive this week.

My last book has nothing to do with radio. However, it deals with overcoming perceptions and finding yourself. Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice by Maureen McCormick. I can't wait to read it. McCormick is doing a book tour and will be in Tempe this Friday. Unfortunately, I have to work. Otherwise, I would stand in line to meet her and thank her "for keeping it real."

Check back for my book reports on these three fine offerings.