Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Headphones off to Larry Lujack who will be inducted in April 2008 into the National Association of Broadcasters' Hall of Fame.

This is Uncle Lar's third major honor in recent years, following his induction in the Radio Hall of Fame in 2004 and the Illinois Broadcasters Association's Hall of Fame in 2002.

After being informed of his pending induction, Lujack had these comments for Robert Feder of the Chicago Sun-Times, "As this will be my third and probably last Hall of Fame induction, I've decided, in my acceptance speech, to dump the phony gracious and fake humility bit and just be truthful for a change. I was, still am and always will be incredibly good, and frankly, I'm more than a little disappointed that it took the NAB this long to recognize that fact! Further, I am deserving of this honor because I've always subscribed to the NAB Code of Responsible Broadcasting. I have no idea what it's about -- but I've always subscribed."

This is the wit and wisdom that made Uncle Lar...Superjock!

I may have to beg, borrow or steal a ticket to the NAB Show in Las Vegas for this blowout.