Monday, July 30, 2007


For one of my favorite talk show hosts, there will be no more better tomorrows. Milwaukee native and Marquette University attendee Tom Snyder, host of NBC's "Tomorrow with Tom Snyder" and "The Late, Late Show with Tom Snyder" on CBS, died Sunday after a battle with leukemia.

Some of the highlights of Tom's career included John Lennon's final televised interview, "Weird Al" Yankovic's first TV appearance, and, my personal favorite, a 1980 appearance by The Plasmatics lead singer Wendy O. Williams, who blew up a TV in the studio and disrupted a live broadcast of NBC Nightly News two floors above. I videotaped the Wendy O. incident and spoke with Tom about it during his ABC Radio show. Thanks to a person who shall remain nameless, that videotape was erased.

Two years ago, Tom closed his website, www.colortini.com, but it is not forgotten. He was very gracious about answering e-mails and I appreciated his responses. I wish I would have printed and saved them.

Here's to you, Tom. "Fire up a colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures, now, as they fly through the air."