Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"Baseball Is My Life" was a blog I enjoyed writing for a couple of years. My Mom printed out every entry. BIML ended when my Dad passed away at the end of last August. My love for baseball didn't.

Baseball has always been a part of my life. I played it, poorly I'm afraid. My friend, Shark, and I broadcast two Brewers Spring Training games. I listen to it on the radio and the Internet. I watch it on TV. I understand my friend, jb from "The Hits Just Keep On Comin'," who had a love affair with baseball that died. Balco and the whole steroids scandal put a damper on my enthusiasm.

In 1998, I saw Big Mac and Sammy slug homers against the Brew Crew at County Stadium. I still have the unused pair of tickets to Game 5 of the 1982 A.L. playoffs between the Brewers and the Angels. I went to one of the 2001 World Series games in Arizona between the DBacks and the Yankees. I was at the first regular season game in Miller Park history.

My greatest thrill was Spring Training 1979. I had the pleasure to interview Brewers' skipper George Bamberger and 3rd sacker Don Money. Some day I will post those interviews.

In the meantime, enjoy these Baseball Tunes to celebrate the opening of another baseball season.