Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Morning guy Bob Reitman, who retires from WKTI-FM (94.5) on December 13th, says he'll be back on the radio next month. Starting January 25th, he'll do the 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday shift live on WUWM-FM (89.7), where he began his Milwaukee radio career 40 years ago.

"They even got two turntables, so I'll be able to play vinyl." Reitman notes that some of the younger WUWM employees didn't know what to make of those antique devices.

Like his old show, this one will be called "It's Alright Ma, It's Only Music." The show will repeat at 9 p.m. Saturdays, and a podcast will be available at www.wkti.com.

I remember Reitman from the old WZMF. That was a station that played quite a few obscure tunes.

I was supposed to have one airshift on 'ZMF for an independent study class during my senior year high school. Sadly, it never came to be.

However, I will soon be posting airchecks from my appearances on WOKY and WZUU. That Kelly McCoy was a hottie! Jon "Rock 'N Roll" Anthony not so much.