Sunday, May 13, 2007

Yesterday, I was going through some of my cassette tapes trying to find the interviews I did with members of the Milwaukee Brewers in 1979. I found them, but discovered a couple of other snippets I thought were gone forever.

The first is a brief aircheck from Roz. He got me interested in heavy metal during my freshman year at UW-Platteville. He also dared to play a Public Service Announcement not once but three times one night. I wish I could remember what he played during the Budgie superset. (Under penalty of being sent to the bottom of The Lake, I cannot reveal the identity of one of the two announcers in the PSA. The other one was me.)

The second is a radio serial that was popular during morning drive in the early 90's in Phoenix. Rump Ranger would NEVER make it to air in today's all too politically correct climate.

The Brewers' interviews will be posted soon.